I love the Isle of Wight - we spent our summers there as children and it's one of those places I am always happy; rain or shine. There are so many beautiful beaches, pretty villages, rolling countryside and some of the best foodie places in the country - see my directory at the bottom of this post for places perfect for the whole family to enjoy.
1. Catch the ferry from Southampton to Cowes - the holiday starts as soon as you board!
2. Enjoy dinner at The Taveners in Godshill; this is my favourite foodie pub in the country (the lemon meringue pie is to die for). Be sure to walk it off at the cute model village.
3. The beach at Ventnor is one of the best for children - great for building sandcastles
4. Walk along the coastal path from Ventnor to Steephill Cove - this is one of my favourite places on the whole island - we visited last year and it has kept its charm.
5. Have lunch at the Beach Hut Cafe in Bembridge - great food on a quiet stretch of beach
6. Take a walk on the pier at Yarmouth at sunset (above)
7. Blankgang Chine is a kid's idea of heaven and if the kids are happy then you're happy!
8. Enjoy some peace and quiet at the beautiful Ventnor Botanic Garden
9. Visit the Garlic Farm and take home some jumbo Elephant Garlic!
10. The Pond Cafe in Bonchurch serves up some scrummy delights
More information on my family sessions
All photographs are copyright Jess Morgan Photography. Jess Morgan Photography specialises in the natural-light photography of babies, toddlers, children and families in West London and Surrey (Richmond upon Thames, St Margarets, Twickenham, Teddington, Hampron, West Molesey, Kingston upon Thames, Surbiton, Kew, Chiswick, Barnes, East Sheen, Putney, Fulham, Wimbledon, Dorking, Esher, Weybridge and Cobham)